Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 half moon pies.
- 2 cups dried apples
- 2 cups cold water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, juice and grated rind
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 (double crust) pie pastry
- Cook the dried apples in a saucepan with water and the salt.
- When apples are soft and pulpy.
- Add the sugar,orange and cinnamon.
- Simmer until water is cooked away.
- Roll pastry out and cut in 8 inch circles.
- Place generous portions of the mixture on half of the pastry rounds; fold the pastry over and pinch the edges tightly together.
- Bake in 450 °F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 °F and bake about 35to 40 minutes longer or until golden brown.