Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (400 g) cans red kidney beans,
- 2 avocados, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and garlic and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, cayenne and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato purée, then the oregano.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and 850 ml water.
- Boil and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly then puree the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan and season to taste.