- 1 medium sweet potato, about 8 ounces
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons drained crushed pineapple
- 4 dried apricot halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Wash the sweet potato, pat dry and pierce in several places with a fork.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes or microwave for 5–7 minutes, or until tender when pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; blend well.
- Working lengthwise, slice sweet potato in half. Use a spoon to scoop out all but ¼ inch of the flesh from each half.
- Place the scooped-out potato in a bowl, mash lightly with a fork; add about one-half of the ambrosia mixture to the mashed sweet potato; blend well. Spoon this mixture back into the potato skins and top each with the remaining ambrosia.