Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe By: TJ Hill - Appetites Catered
- Yields: 4 servings
- 4 banana -- firm ripe
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice -- strained
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- vegetable oil -- for frying
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash liquid hot pepper sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pimento -- as garnish
- Peel bananas, cut into ⅛-inch slices.
- Dip into orange juice. Coat with cornmeal.
- Heat oil to 360-370 °F.
- Fry a few slices at a time, until golden.
- Drain on a cooling rack and blot with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pepper sauce.
- Arrange onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with pimento. Serve hot or warm.