Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups ice cold water
- Grease rectangular cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Combine oil, vanilla, vinegar and water.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mix into pan and bake for 35 minutes.