This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups ice cold water
- Grease rectangular cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Combine oil, vanilla, vinegar and water.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mix into pan and bake for 35 minutes.