Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 – 3 potatoes, boiled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp asafoetida powder (hing)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add asafoetida powder, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they begin to sizzle, add in chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder and tomato paste, and cook for a few minutes till the paste soften and oil starts to form on top.
- Throw in the potatoes and sprinkle salt, and mix thoroughly to evenly coat the potatoes with the sauce.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com