Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serving Size : 1
- 3 medium carrots peeled
- 1 medium caulifower stalks removed
- 1/2 cup salt
- 3/4 cup red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup jaggery (Indian palm sugar) -- grated
- Cut carrots lengthwise into four, or six, if very thick. Cut lengths into 1 1/2 inch stubs. Keep aside.
- Separate Cauliflower florets. Break to halves if very big. They should match size of carrot pieces.
- Add chilli, salt, turmeric. Toss well. Transfer to a clean dry bowl, Keep in sun for 4 days.
- Heat vinegar till warm. Add jaggery, stir. Heat further till vinegar is very hot, and jaggery has melted.
- Cool to room temperature. Add to sunned vegetables.
- Transfer to a clean dry pickle jar, close lid tightly.
- Marinate in a warm dark place for 5–6 days. Turn well with a spoon;
- Serve with chappatis, rices or just about anything.
- Making time: 1 hour (marinating 4 + 5 days)
- Makes: 1 kg pickle (approx.)
Shelflife: 3–4 months refrigerated