Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This soup makes one of my 4-year-old's favorite meals. We like to use tri-color alphabet pasta. Any small pasta would work however.
The recipe is based on the pasta e fagioli recipe found in the "Saved by Soup" cookbook by Judith Barrett.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 – 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 box chicken broth (about 4 cups)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice (about 2-3 fresh tomatoes)
- 1 can navy or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup alphabet pasta
- 1 – 2 tbsp fresh oregano, basil, and parsley (optional, and to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot
- Add onions, carrots and celery.
- Sauté for a few minutes until they are softened.
- Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add beans and pasta.
- Return to a boil and cook until pasta is done, about 10 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with spices before serving and top with Parmesan cheese.