Potatoes with cauliflower. This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 10 slices fresh ginger minced
- ¼ cup almonds chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 large potatoes cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Saute onions, garlic, and ginger in skillet.
- Add almonds and all spices except garam masala and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, potatoes, and cauliflower with water then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add garam masala and serve immediately.