Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finely Ground Beef, Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- ⅓ cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ⅓ cup 1% milk
- 1 egg (or equivalent egg mix), beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces (¾3 lb) finely ground beef
- 1 x 8-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- ½ cup ½″-square pieces green pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Soak crackers and onion in milk until all milk is absorbed.
- Beat in egg and seasonings with a fork.
- Thoroughly mix in ground beef.
- Form mixture into 12 balls.
- Brown raw meatballs in hot fry pan about 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Drain pineapple, saving juice - set chunks aside.
- Add water to reserved pineapple juice to make ¾ cup.
- Pour liquid over meatballs, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved pineapple chunks and green pepper squares.
- Mix seasonings, cornstarch and water. Stir into mixture. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.