Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Almonds, Shelled by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 8 cups assorted vegetables, thinly sliced, in chunks, or 2” strips
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- Heat half of the oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add almonds, cooking and tossing for about 8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil in skillet and add vegetables. Stir-fry, about five minutes, tossing often until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix garlic powder, ginger, and cornstarch with water and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add mixture to skillet, cooking and tossing for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve over rice.