Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped dried apples
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- Melted butter, salt and ground black pepper
- Place squash cut side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute almonds in butter until golden brown in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, apples, poultry seasoning and pepper; continue to cook until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in rice; continue stirring until mixture is heated through.
- Turn squash cut side up; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill evenly with rice stuffing
- Cover and bake at additional 45 to 50 minutes.