Makes 3 dozen cakes
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 3 egg whites
- vegetable cooking spray
- fresh raspberries
- frozen non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
- Chop almonds in food processor until finely ground.
- Add coconut and sugar; process until coconut is finely minced.
- Add rice; pulse to blend.
- Add egg whites; pulse to blend.
- Spoon mixture evenly into madeleine pans or miniature muffin tins coated with cooking spray, filling to top.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pans on wire rack.
- Run a sharp knife around each madeleine shell, and gently remove from pan.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until serving time. Serve with raspberries and whipped topping.