Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp low-sodium bouillon granules
- 2 tbsp almonds, silvered or 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil.
- Turn off heat and let rice stand in water, covered, 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, add bouillon granules and brine to a boil.
- Cook 10 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Add almonds and lemon zest.
- Let stand a few minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange | cal: 96 | cho: 0mg | car: 19g | pro: 2g | sod: 123mg | fat: 1g