Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Rest Time: 8 hours | Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Servings: 2
- 1 tsp gelatin, unflavored
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup milk, whole
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 drop almond extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp orange juice
- ¼ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp vanilla
Panna Cotta Edit
- In a small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over the (cold) water.
- Let stand for 3 minutes to soften.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in milk and the 4½ teaspoons sugar.
- Cook and stir just until milk is heated through and sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Pour into two 6-ounce custard cups or disposable plastic cups.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or until firm.
- In another small saucepan combine blueberries, the 1 tablespoon sugar, the orange juice, and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
To serve Edit
- Spoon the sauce into dessert dishes.
- Run a small knife around the edge of each panna cotta; unmold onto sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- 183 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 65mg Sodium | 33g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 9mg Cholesterol | 5g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ dairy | 1 fruit | 1 other carb | ½ fat
- Carb choices: 2