Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoffman Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1992.
- 1¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled pear
- ½ cup chopped almonds toasted
- Lemon Butter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Mix dry ingredients then make a well in center.
- In separate bowl mix egg, milk and oil then add all to well in dry mixture.
- Stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Carefully fold in pear and half of the almonds.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling each ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top then bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from cups and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with lemon butter.
- To make lemon butter beat butter, sugar and lemon juice with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in lemon peel and allow to stand 1 hour to develop flavors.