Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 2 serves.
- 1½ lbs lean ground lamb
- 1 small eggplant (¾ lb diced)
- 1 tomato — coarsely chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 2 tbsp dry red wine
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped almonds — toasted
- 3 (8 inch) pita breads—halved
- In Dutch oven brown lamb with onion, eggplant and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in tomato, wine, salt and cinnamon.
- Continue to cook, covered, for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in yogurt, almonds, and cheese.
- Spoon 1 cup hot lamb mixture in each ½ of pita bread.
- Serve immediately.