Purchased at a garage sale in 1988. Dated 1946.
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/3-cup Sugar, almonds and butter and press on bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and remaining 2/3-cup Sugar until smooth. Blend in eggs, sour cream, pumpkin and spice.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven.
- Open door slightly, leave cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Topping: Combine margarine, brown sugar, almonds and coconut.
- Spread over warm cheesecake.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.