Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased at a garage sale in 1988. Dated 1946.
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/3-cup Sugar, almonds and butter and press on bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and remaining 2/3-cup Sugar until smooth. Blend in eggs, sour cream, pumpkin and spice.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven.
- Open door slightly, leave cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Topping: Combine margarine, brown sugar, almonds and coconut.
- Spread over warm cheesecake.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.