Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Almond Chicken Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups asparagus tips, diagonally cut
- ¼ cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- lettuce leaves
- Steam asparagus for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lemon juice and salt.
- Add asparagus, chicken, bell pepper, cilantro and almonds and toss to coat.
- Serve on fresh lettuce leaves.