- 2 cup old-fashioned oats (see notes)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried sour cherries
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Combine oats and almonds in bowl.
- Mix in juice concentrate.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and toss.
- Spread on cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in coconut and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool.
- Add cherries and raisins to granola.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature (can be made up to one week ahead).
Gluten in oats: There is evidence that some celiacs can tolerate small amounts of the type of gluten found in Oats. While research continues they should only be included in the celiac diet under medical and dietary supervision. If you cannot find dried sour cherries, you can use any other dried fruit to your liking.