Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
North African pesto or salsa
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Midwest Traveler
- Makes approx 2 cups.
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon saffron mixed into 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup toasted almonds, blanched and slivered
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 3 plump garlic cloves
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- 1¼ cups olive oil
- lime juice to taste
- Place the onion, raisins, saffron and half the almonds into a large bowl and set aside.
- Puree the remaining almonds, cilantro, mint, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil and lime juice.
- Fold the purée into mixture in the bowl.