- 1 cup blanched silvered almonds, toasted
- 1½ cups crustless bread cubes, toasted
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons grated orange zest
- 6 cups of buttermilk
- 2½ tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup whole cilantro leaves
- Place almonds, bread, garlic, orange zest, and 1 cup of buttermilk in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the remainder of the buttermilk, lemon juice, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and float several cilantro leaves in each one.