Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium tart red apple, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- Cook almonds in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add apple, onion, celery, poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper; continue to cook until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Stir in rice; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Use as stuffing for poultry or pork roast, or bake tightly covered in a separate baking dish at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes.