Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Davis Estate in Anna, Texas in 1994. Dated 1944.
- 2-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon ground ginger
- 3-1/2 ounces white chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1-2/3 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4-cup apricot-flavored brandy plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 6 ounce dried apricots, diced
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- butter and flour foil.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in processor.
- Process until fine meal forms.
- Add white chocolate and process until finely chopped.
- Add toasted almonds and chop coarsely.
- Beat eggs, brandy and extract to blend in large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and apricots and stir until moist dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls in three 12 inch-long strips on prepared sheet, spacing evenly.
- Moisten fingertips and shape each dough strip into 2-inch-wide log.
- Refrigerate until dough is firm about 30 minutes.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350.
- Bake until logs are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to rack and cool completely.
- Reduce heat to 300.
- Cut logs from sides of pan if necessary.
- Transfer to work surface.
- Using heavy sharp knife cut each log crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide slices.
- Arrange half of cookies cut side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Gently turn cookies over and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer cookies to racks.
- Repeat baking with remaining cookies.
- Cool cookies completely.
- Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead, store in airtight container at room temperature.