Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- for garnish: parsley sprigs and lemon wedges or slices
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fillets in the flour.
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is very hot, slide fillets in and cook for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until easily flaked with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel, return to medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter and melt.
- Add almonds and cook until they are light brown.
- Add zest and lemon juice and stir for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Pour sauce over fillets and garnish with parsley and lemon.