Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 package of filo dough
- 1 and ½ sticks of butter, melted
- 2 lbs. apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 large clean kitchen towel
- Mix apples with crumbs (crumbs help to keep juice in strudel instead of flooding pan).
- Mix suger and cinnamon in a dish.
- Lay out clean towel and put sheets of buttered filo dough on top.
- Place apples on prepared filo layers that have been brushed with butter.
- Start spreading apples about 3 inches from the edge closest to you (you need a clean area so you can get it in the pan.
- Completely cover the rest of the filo dough with apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mix over the apples.
- Now take the edge of the towel near you and slowly start to make a big roll by pulling up and towards you.
- This is not as hard as it sounds.
- As you are rolling it you can roll it right into a greased pan.
- Then tuck the ends of the strudel underneath itself.
- Brush top with more butter and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Brush every 20 minutes.
- With butter.
- Strudel is done when it looks like it has collapsed.
- Cool and cut into slices and dust with powdered sugar.