This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Davidson Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ lemon sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup brandy
- Tie allspice in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Place in medium saucepan along with cinnamon, cider, juice, lemon slices and honey.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Remove spice bag then stir in brandy.