- Put the chickpeas in a large heavy-based saucepan, add the water, salt and the bicarbonate of soda and bring to boil.
- Cover the pan and boil the chickpeas for about 2 hours until they are tender but still retain their shape.
- This process can be sped up in a pressure cooker.
- Use half the quantity of water.
- Once the chickpeas have become tender keep them in the boiled water.
- It will be used at a later stage.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chaat masala, chilli powder cumin, imli ka ras, potatoes, chickpeas and water.
- Stir gently until well combined.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 5–8 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced onions, tomatoes and green chillies.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.