Purchased from the Watson Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1991. This is incredible. I make it frequently. It is a huge hit at the office. Dated 1976.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Split cookies, keeping filling on one cookie.
- Line muffin pans with foil baking cups.
- Place filling covered cookie in bake cups, filling side up.
- Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs just until well mixed.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into bake cups.
- Crush remaining cookies and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in 325 °F oven for 25 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate pieces with shortening over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Drizzle over baked cheesecakes.
- Cover and chill.