Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Dated 1927
- 4 ounces All-Bran cereal
- 12 ounces hot strong tea
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces cake and pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- 12 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large bowl mix dried fruit and bran.
- Pour hot tea over this mixture and let stand covered overnight.
- In the morning add egg,flour, salt and syrup and mix well then divide between 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pans then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Serve sliced and buttered.