Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is perfect for family picnics and outings.
- 10 frankfurters
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- oil (for frying)
- Pre-cook the frankfurters in oven at 350 °F for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Using a fork, work in the shortening in the dry mixture until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, mix egg and milk, then add it to the dry mixture.
- Mix well.
- dip the frankfurters in the batter, then drop it into hot oil and fry until golden on each side.
- Serve corn dogs on stick, with mustard if desired.