Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 cup sugar, white or brown
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups prepared fruits such as banana, zucchini, carrot, tomato, orange or apple
- Choose from the following:
- Banana: peel and pure, 4 to 5 medium bananas for 2 cup total.
- Carrot: grate 1 or more medium carrots for 2 cups total.
- Zucchini: shred 3 medium zucchinis for 2 cups total.
- Orange: grate one tablespoon orange rind. Peel seed and chop 4 medium oranges for 2 cups total.
- Apples: peel, core and shred four medium apples. To two cups shredded apple, add one teaspoon lemon juice.
- Tomato: peel three to four medium tomatoes. Cut in halves and squeeze out seeds. Chop and measures two cups pulp.
- For quick loaves, have ready two greased loaf pans, 8 * ½ x 4½ x 2 inches. For muffins, have ready 2 x 12-cup muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts. If preparing muffin mix for storage, omit nuts and divide dry ingredients into three batches.
- In a large bowl,whisk eggs until foamy, add sugar, oil and vanilla and whisk until blended.
- Add choice of fruit or vegetables.
- Add dry ingredients and stir with fork just until blended. Do not beat.
- Divide dough between loaf pans or muffins pans.
- Bake loaves in preheated 350 °F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in centre of loaves comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes,before turning loaves out on wire racks.
- When completely cool, wrap loaves in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 24 hours before slicing. To freeze for up to one month, put foil-wrapped loaf in heavy plastic bag and seal.
- Bake muffins in pre-heated 375 °F oven, 12 minutes for large ones, 10 minutes for small.
- Serve hot.