Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 3 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped or minced, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, homemade or purchased
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat an electric tabletop grill.
- Simply combine all ingredients and form the mixture into three burgers.
- Toss them onto the grill and cook for five minutes or so, and serve.
The carb count will vary a bit depending on what barbecue sauce you use, but should be around 4 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 3 grams of usable carbs and 27 grams of protein.