- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup green pepper, diced
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups Minute rice
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Sauté onion, green pepper, and beef until browned.
- Drain fat.
- Drain tomatoes, and add enough water to juice to make 1½ cups.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, sugar, and liquid.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rice.
- Cover and simmer another 5 minutes.