Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 ounces hot sweet Italian turkey sausages
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1¼ cups merlot or other fruity red wine
- 2 (28 ounces) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 ounces) cans kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add sausage, onion, and the next 4 ingredients to pan; cook 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder and the next 7 ingredients (chili powder through bay leaves)
- Stir in wine, tomatoes, and kidney beans; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheddar cheese.