This is really good, like spaghetti, but has bacon and basil in it. Good served with garlic bread.
- Contributed by [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices thick cut smoked bacon, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 15 oz can tomato purée
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- ½ cup grated romano cheese
- ¼ cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add bacon and cook until bacon begins to turn brown.
- Remove bacon and reserve.
- Add onion and cook in bacon drippings 7 min.
- Stir in reserved bacon, tomato puree, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Prepare pasta following package directions.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
- Stir in ¼ cup cheese and the basil.
- Serve with extra cheese on the side and the black pepper to taste. Garlic bread too.