Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is really good, like spaghetti, but has bacon and basil in it. Good served with garlic bread.
- Contributed by [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices thick cut smoked bacon, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 15 oz can tomato purée
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- ½ cup grated romano cheese
- ¼ cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add bacon and cook until bacon begins to turn brown.
- Remove bacon and reserve.
- Add onion and cook in bacon drippings 7 min.
- Stir in reserved bacon, tomato puree, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Prepare pasta following package directions.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
- Stir in ¼ cup cheese and the basil.
- Serve with extra cheese on the side and the black pepper to taste. Garlic bread too.