Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are no specific quantities. Use them as your own choice.
- chickpeas soaked in water soaked in water overnight
- white beans soaked in water overnight
- green lentils soaked in water overnight
- bulghur wheat
- flat leaf parsley
- coriander leaf
- tomato paste
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- olive oil
- coriander seed
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the meat and cook until it's just starting to brown. If the meat starts to give off water, raise the heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 10–15 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir constantly
- Add 1½ - 2 quarts water. The more mouths you have to feed, the more water you add.
- Add the chick Peas and the spice blend of your choice, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary. Ask yourself what you think if anything is missing? Do you want more cumin or the heat of hot peppers? Then add them.
- Add the white beans and bulghur and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the lentils, carrots and celery and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Add the vermicelli and cook for three minutes more.