- Saute onion in vegetable stock over med-low heat until translucent.
- Add all spices and cook for a few more minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add tomato paste, stir and simmer 2 minutes.
- Cut the vegetables in large chunks and add all (not the beans) and a dash of cinnamon; add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for an hour or so (this can cook slowly for 2 – 3 hours, if desired).
- Add the drained garbanzos about 5 minutes before you take the veggies off the heat.
- Put couscous in a bowl.
- Pour boiling water over couscous and wait about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork (ratio of about 1½:1 of water to couscous) for added flavor, add some of the liquid from the veggie stew to the couscous in place of some of the water.
- Serve the stew over the couscous.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.