- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 250 grams Chicken breast, cut into small dice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250 grams Pork mince
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 70 grams walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 60 grams moist figs, chopped
- ½ preserved lime, flesh removed and skin finely chopped or zest of 1 large lemon
- 10 slices of streaky Bacon
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
3) Place all the ingredients including the cooled Onion in a large bowl, and mix until well combined.
4) Line a terrine or other deep, oven proof dish with the Bacon, allowing the excess to hang over the sides. Pack the mixture into the dish and fold the Bacon over the top to cover the terrine completely. Place the lid on top or cover well with a double thickness of tin foil.
5) Put the terrine in a deep baking dish and add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the terrine.
6) Cook for 1 hour then test to see if the juices run clear or the internal temperature is 70 °C when tested with a meat thermometer.
7) Remove the terrine from the water bath, place a weight on top and allow to cool.
8) Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crusty bread, cornichons and beetroot relish.