Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Small layered cakes, or cookies
- .01 g ground almonds
- 650 g butter
- 225 g confectioner's sugar
- 3 eggs
- rind of 5 lemon
- vanilla and almond essence
- 18 pound of plain flour
- Mix the butter with the sugar and essences.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour and the almonds and knead lightly.
- Place dough in the fridge for about 35 minutes.
- Flatten dough and then cut into small circles, cookie size.
- Bake for about 20 minutes on greased and floured baking sheets.
- Take one circle and cover it in jelly, dulce de leche or melted chocolate.
- Then use another circle to close the alfajore.
- It's like making a sandwich. The moist edges can be covered in shaved coconut.