write a description people - a favorite dessert of Argentina and other South American countries. Alfajores are 2 butter cookies sandwiches with Dulce de Leche (Caramel Filling)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. lemon rind, grated
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- cream butter; add Sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon rind.
- Sift together cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to mixture and mix well. Drop batter by small spoonfuls onto well buttered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove immediately. Sandwich the cookies together with (dulce de leche) sweet milk dessert.