This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 8 cups of milk (½ gallon)
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. of fine Vermacelli
- Pour milk into a large pan.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add ½ of the sugar and the salt to the milk.
- Beat the eggs then add the rest of the sugar and all the vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs to make them thin enough to pour easily.
- Break the noodles up and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles mixture.
- Pour onto platters to cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.