Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 8 cups of milk (½ gallon)
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. of fine Vermacelli
- Pour milk into a large pan.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add ½ of the sugar and the salt to the milk.
- Beat the eggs then add the rest of the sugar and all the vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs to make them thin enough to pour easily.
- Break the noodles up and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles mixture.
- Pour onto platters to cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.