Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1-1/4 cup Sugar
- 1-1/3 cup chopped, skinned hazelnut or walnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 and set rack in the middle level of the oven.
- Cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and sift into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the Sugar and nuts.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla and stir into the flour mixture to form dough.
- On a lightly floured surface press dough together.
- Divide dough in half and roll into a log the length of the pan (14 to 18 inches) place each log on the pan and flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until well risen and firm.
- Cool the logs on the pans.
- After the logs have cooled, detach from paper and slice them about 1/2-inch thick with a sharp serrated knife.
- Place back on paper lined pans, cut side down, and bake again for about 20 minutes, or until dry and crisp.
- Cool on pans and store in a tin or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.