Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort Alcazar
- 6 yolks,
- 6 tablespoons Sugar,
- 8 oz/250 g butter,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 1/4 cup coffee,
- 1 tablespoon cacao,
- 1/4 cup rum
- Whip the egg whites with the Sugar and vanilla, add the walnuts and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular baking pan, (previously covered with parchment paper and lightly greased with oil), using a knife to spread it into a uniform layer.
- Bake at medium heat and when ready, invert onto a cutting board, moisten the paper and peel it off the cake.
- Cut lengthwise in two or three equal parts and spread the following cream on each of them.
- Mix the yolks with the Sugar, add the milk, coffee, set on heat and keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Do not let boil.
- Remove from heat, mix with cacao and let cool.
- Beat the butter until creamy, add the rum and mix with the boiled mixture; mix well and spread the cream on the sheets.
- Cover the cake with the same cream and garnish with ground walnuts.
- Serve cut in triangular pieces.