Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 – 30 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
We call this Albert's soup because my husband's work colleague, Albert, told us about it, but it has become a real favourite here. As simple as this soup sounds, it really doesn't need any enhancement! This recipe is also very easy to scale up or down.
- 3 – 4 red bell peppers (however many you like)
- 6 plum tomatoes (an equal amount to the peppers)
- 3 cups of Fridge-cleaner Vegetable Stock (or your favourite stock)
- romano cheese, thinly sliced (a slice or 2 per bowl)
- (optional) garlic
- (optional) basil, julienned
- Half the tomatoes
- Place face up on a roasting pan along with whole pepper (and garlic if you are using any)
- Roast until the either the peppers or the tomatoes start becoming blackened
- Remove from the oven
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes and peppers
- Purée along with any juice from the roasting process and the stock
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the soup if necessary (my husband insisted on this step)
- Serve with a slice of romano cheese in each bowl and (optionally) some julienned basil