Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ kg (about 18 ounces) of ready made rolled dough
- 200 g (about 7 ounces) of pressed walnuts
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- Spread the rolled filo each at the time and brush with melted butter, every 10 filo sprinkle with walnuts, covering with another layer of filo.
- Cut the baklava in equal squares or diamond shapes.
- Cover the baklava with melted butter and leave it to bake in a hot oven. Afterwards, leave it to cool.
- Prepare the syrup with water and the Sugar, using the amounts given above.
- Let the syrup boil for 5 minutes.
- Before removing the syrup from the heat, add the juice of half a lemon.
- Let the syrup cool for about 15/20 minutes, then pour it over baklava.