- 1 ¼ cup chocolate wafer
- 2 ⅓ cups butter
- ¾ c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine chocolate crumbs and 1 ⅓ cup melted butter. Firmly press the mixture on bottom and sides from the 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 350° F for 6-8 minutes.
- Cream 1 cup butter; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir with the melted chocolate and the next 4 ingredients.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 375° F for 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Serve cold and plain.