Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Festive spiced rice
- 1 recipe plain white rice
- 2 tbsp blanched almonds, halved or slivered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ pound ground beef
- black pepper
- 1 tsp allspice (divided use)
- ¼ cup butter or olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Prepare the plain white rice in advance.
- Fluff the cooked grains and let cool to room temperature.
- Slowly saute the almonds in the olive oil, stirring frequently.
- When the almonds are beginning to brown, stir in the pine nuts and continue to cook until all the nuts are golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Brown the ground beef in the same oil, sprinkling with the salt, pepper, and half the allspice.
- Remove from the pan and drain in a sieve.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the ¼ cup butter or olive oil.
- Stir in the rice and sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and the remaining allspice.
- As the rice heats, continue to toss until it is hot and coated with spices.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.