- Clean the black-eyed peas in running water and soak them in water for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Rinse to wash away the skins and any other debris.
- Drain them in a colander.
- Crush, grind, or mash the black-eyed peas into a thick paste.
- Add enough water to form a smooth, thick paste of a batter that will cling to a spoon.
- Add all other ingredients (except oil).
- Heat oil in a deep skillet.
- Make fritters by scooping up a spoon full of batter and using another spoon to quickly push it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the fritters until they are golden brown.
- Serve with an African hot sauce or salt, as a snack.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.