- Soak peas overnight.
- Drain and pound with masher to loosen skins, floating them off in running water or spread on a board and use rolling pin to rub skins loose.
- Soak further, if necessary, until peas can be crushed.
- Grind puree in blender, adding water as needed to a smooth consistency (like pancake batter).
- Grind very finely onion and peppers, if fresh, and add to beans in blender.
- Heat oil to 350 °F – 375 °F in deep fryer.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonful into hot oil and fry until deep brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Many Africans sprinkle the fried beans with additional red pepper.
- Eat them warm.
- Use as warm snacks or as a bread substitute.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.